Rain funnels into the tipping bucket mechanism of Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge CS700 and each tip is marked by a dual reed switch closure that is recorded by a Campbell Scientific data logger pulse count channel.
After measurement, the water drains through two inbuilt discharge outlets (accepts 12mm tubing) in the base, allowing the water to be collected in a separate container.
The Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge CS700 includes a siphoning mechanism that allows the rain to flow at a steady rate to the tipping bucket regardless of rainfall intensity.
This reduces typical rain bucket errors and produces accurate measurements, enabling the CS700 to record intense rainfall events
Features of Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge CS700
- Tipping increments of 0.01”, 0.2mm, 0.5mm, 1.0mm
- Sturdy metal base and aluminium bucket (plastic models also available)
- Siphoning mechanism minimises typical rain bucket errors
- CM100 Mounting/Levelling Base recommended
- Stainless steel leaf filter resists blocking
Specifications of Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge CS700
- Orifice Diameter: 20cm (7.9”)
- Drain Tube Diameter: Both filter accept 12mm ID tubing
- Accuracy: ± 2% @ 25 to 500mm/hr (1” to 19.7”)
- Resolution: 0.01” (0.254mm)
- Measurement Range: 0 to 700mm/hr (0 to 27.6”/hr)
- Temperature: -20° to +70°C
- Humidity: 0 to 100%
- Weight: 3kg (6.6lbs)
- Height: 34cm (13.5”)