COOLJET Systems produces an ultra-high pressure coolant supply, which provides superior lubrication, cooling and chip removal.
There are a number of benefits to applying high pressure coolant using the “on demand” Coolant system made by COOLJET.
For instance, if you are targeting to reduce process cycle time - you will find that your tool life was significantly extended after applying High Pressure Coolant.
Its applications are extensive from drilling, grooving, boring, cutting of hard metals which have a high nickel content, to small tooling applications etc.
During the metal cutting processes, significant heat is generated at the tool/workpiece interface, primarily from the effects of friction. Excessive friction and heat can be detrimental to the tool and the workpiece.
Examples of this are:
- Tools may fail prematurely due to wearing and thermal shock or chipping due to recutting chips from poor chip control
- Workpiece dimensional variations due to thermal growth from friction heat and /or work hardening of surface (may affect secondary operations like tapping)
- Surfaces finishes may also degrade from material tearing with reduced lubrication
- Typical flood coolants deliver relatively low pressures (up to 200psl) to the cutting zone. Cutting fluids tend to boil away, or vaporize before penetrating the critical high temperature cutting area and may not even reach the friction zone.
COOLJET Systems produces an ultra-high pressure coolant supply, by pumping coolant through small orifice tools or nozzles, to deliver an acute. high velocity jet stream which penetrates the friction zone between cutting edge and workpiece, this provides superior lubrication, cooling and chip removal. The COOLJET System improves workpiece quality, reduced process time and increases tool life.
With the "on demand" COOLJET coolant system cutting fluids are pumped to pressures of 1000psl (70 bar) or more, and are accurately directed to the cutting zone through an appropriate nozzle, the resultant jet stream of coolant is able to penetrate the high temperature cutting zone, delivering vital lubricants to the cut.
When using the "on demand" UltraFlex coolant system temperatures are dramatically decreased due to the reduced friction. This is very evident by observing the chips produced which are well formed and are generally not heat discolored.
The UltraFlex coolant system also effectively forces chips away from the cutting area especially in deep hole drilling or pocket machining.
COOLJET's system provides a high degree of flexibility.
It is ideally suited to large size tooling and multi turret machines; COOLJET is capable of delivering both high and low pressure to each turret independently.
The variable flow “Pump on Demand” feature assures that a constant pressure is maintained at the tools in use.
The COOLJET range consists of a number of models from the MINI series through to the UltraFlex, which allows you to install a system suitable to your needs
The system will give you:
- Increased Throughput
- Reduced Process Cycle Times
- Longer Tool life
- Improved Surface Finishes
- Improved Chip Control
- Reducing Number of Processes