- Modular ball detent/disc spring design
- All major components 316 stainless steel
- All wearing surfaces D-2 tool steel
- Three safety element styles available:
- Externally adjustable
- Disconnectable (tamperproof)
- Standard (tamperproof)
- Complete disengagement on overload
- Simple manual reset
- Multiple "0" ring seals
- The Wastewater Safety Element SE Series Torque Limiters adapts to all drive configurations
- Large torque and bore capacity
The Wastewater Safety Element SE Series Torque Limiters are made of 316 stainless steel through with the exception of: D-2 (Rc 62) tool steel 'working parts' in the safety elements, "O" ring seals and PTFE bearings. The internal parts are packed with grease and are externally regreasable. Eight 'O' ring seals prevent contaminants from entering the unit while a grease vent allows added grease to escape. Modular construction provides design flexibility and simple maintainability. Safety elements are precision belleville spring loaded, single ball detent design. A unique over center mechanism ensures complete and bidirectional disengagement on overload and simple, fast manual re-engagement. Three types of safety elements: standard, disconnectable, and externally adjustable are available and are interchangeable on the base unit.
Safety Element Torque Limiters completely disengage on overload thus preventing damaage and down time to the equipment. When applied on reducer output shafts in rectangular settling tank drive systems, the "SE" Torque Limiter protects the drive chain, drag chain and flight bars. They can also be applied on screw conveyor drives or other sludge collection systems that have potential for jamming.