- Through the use of interactive exercises the Lean component of this training includes modules such as; Value Stream Mapping, 5S and Visual Controls, Total Productive Maintenance, Change-over Reduction, Just-In-Time, Poka-Yoke, and Kaizen Blitz.
- Through the use of interactive exercises and SPC software the Six Sigma component of this training includes modules such as; Basic Statistics and Graphing, (i.e. types of distributions and descriptive statistical tools) Measurement Systems Analysis, probability theory, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, control charting and regression analysis, change management, project selection, project management and benefit capture
- This training uses the DMAIC framework to integrate the tools into a logical format and give participants a structured approach to project work. It is a requirement of this training that each participant have a project where they can apply their learning's and deliver timely benefits back to the business.
- Black Belt students are also trained in Design of Experiments (DOE) which focuses on the understanding of the relationships between key input factors and the response of a process resulting in improved optimisation and control.
- Participants of these training programs are eligible for certification as Green Belts or Black Belts upon completion of the course. An examination and the submission of a formally documented project portfolio, which identifies savings made through the use of the tools and learning's are a necessary requirement for final certification.
- For participants with a Lean Manufacturing background, this course can be reduced by one week for both levels after successful demonstration of knowledge via an exam.
Who should attend?
- Departmental Managers, Training Managers, Middle Managers, Quality Managers, Project Managers, Line Supervisors, Process Improvement Engineers, Engineers, IT Managers and Continuous Improvement Managers.
- Staff level personnel who are tasked with contributing with change programs aimed at delivering improved yield, quality, service delivery and costs.
- Green Belt or Black Belt Training is undertaken independently without the need for prerequisite courses.
- Green Belts wishing to undertake training at a later stage to complete their Black Belt Certification will only be required to undertake the Design of Experiment (DOE) training.