Opal will help businesses address the challenges faced in the transport logistics industry by:
- Maximising fleet utilisation to increase profitability
- Using new technologies to meet the demands of the supply chain to provide a sustainable competitive advantage
- Managing large amounts of data in a fully integrated solution whilst maintaining the flexibility to incorporate new systems and applications
- Tracking an item through the entire supply chain to reduce miss directions and costs
- Proving a scalable solution to grow and expand with the business
Opal is for the kind of transport management (TMS) that's about tracking an item through the entire supply chain with the ability to handle large amounts of data to customers and doing business the way they want it done.
The TransLogix Opal solution provides immediate access to the location of an item, pricing and customer information you need to increase inventory turns, enhance customer service and improve profitability.
This proven, reliable solution also allows you to streamline your operations, improve your customer service levels, and increase top-line revenues through its comprehensive capabilities.
To ensure productivity and a practical solution TransLogix implements the solution to reduce key strokes and minimizes data capture to improve user uptake. Strong searching capabilities make locating specific information fast and easy.
Opal is highly customisable, it works the way your business does. Module options enable you to adapt it to fit your needs. You can modify existing screens and business rules or you tailor Opal Web services and all screens to suit your users and clients needs alike.
Opal provides many predefined reports, offering management a comprehensive view of bookings, allocations and profitability. Opal uses Crystal Reports as its reporting system which provides a robust and comprehensive range of reports configurable to suit specific business requirements.
Opal is the first TMS built completely on Microsoft's .NET Platform. A smart client application, it uses the Internet to interact with XML Web services, providing complete access to data while processing data according to specified business rules.