The outcomes include improved transportation management, better control of the transport function and quantification of alternative transportation opportunities.
Lexian utilises a number of tools to not only assist organisations to optimally design and plan their transportation function but also to manage the transportation and distribution function on a daily basis.
Transport Route Optimisation
Lexian uses a number of routing and scheduling tools to model and analyse the relative efficiency of an organisations distribution network. The process involves determining the “as is” state of transport through an interview process and data collection then designing the “to be” state through constraint based optimisation modelling. The benefits of the process include:
- Cost savings in fleet reductions
- Cost savings in achieving better fleet capacity and time utilisation
- Improved information as to fleet performance
- Improved customer service and on time delivery
Lexian Dispatch Manager
Lexian Dispatch Manager (LDM) is a multi-user database application designed to automate and improve the efficiency of the distribution process for businesses of any size. Key features and benefits of the system include
- Efficient load creation through forward visibility of orders
- Inbuilt route optimization algorithms with manual override capability
- Efficient utilisation of vehicles with volume information available to the route planners to ensure that vehicles are filled to capacity
- Automatic rating and reverse billing for driver and /or subcontractor payments
- Feedback to production planning to ensure orders are ready when the load is due to be dispatched
- Comprehensive KPI reports on all distribution activities
- Web interface.