Transport battery cages are ideal for storing and transporting acid batteries to recycling facilities. Sturdy design and clever engineering supports use in harsh conditions, such as remote mining sites, for convenient use that is also forklift-friendly. Battery cages are manufactured from premium materials, such as galvanised and powder-coated steel mesh with high density polyethylene (HDPE) lining, to deliver complete acid-resistance.
This transportable battery cage has been manufactured in conjunction with one of Australia’s largest integrated waste management and industrial service companies to transport lead acid batteries over large distances on some of the Australia’s most inhospitable roads.
- Heavy duty construction for arduous environmental conditions.
- A transportable battery cage accommodates a full pallet of used batteries up to 500mm high to be stored and transported safely.
- The unit features a heavy-duty mesh cage with lockable, 270 degree swing out gate. The mesh and support frame is galvanised and powder coated.
- Integral forklift pockets provide easy forklift access.
- The battery cage is fully lined (walls and roof) internally with a High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) liner to protect against acid splashes.
- Includes a large 150 litre capacity spill collection sump manufactured in HDPE to capture and retain any acid spills.
- Collection sump has a removable grated floor to allow access for cleaning any spilled acid.
- All fasteners used on the battery cage are marine grade (316) stainless steel.
- Appropriate customer identification and Hazchem Class 8 Corrosive signage is fitted onto two sides.
- A standard pallet (1170mm x 1170mm) of batteries can be loaded directly into the cage from the front.
- Alternatively, individual batteries may also be placed directly onto the spill sump grate from the front access.
- Forklift access is enabled from all four sides to allow easy loading and unloading of full cages onto trucks for transporting.
- The transport battery cage’s feet and post tops allow cages to be stacked if required.
Spill Sump Capacity: 150 Litre
Dimensions: 135 x 138 x 112 cm
Australian Made and Owned