The instrument is for testing Fire Extinguishers installed as part of an Industrial or Marine fire fighting system.
The ULLC2001 is also extremely easy to use and micro-pic controlled for greater precision in measurement. The transducer is placed against the cylinder body 120mm below the calculated liquid gas level, (normally mathematically calculated).
While retaining the transducer at this point the Comparator's ultrasonic level is set to around two or three divisions / bars-¦¦¦, by use of the 0-10 Tune Control. This gives a reference level against which the signal at the gas level / air interface is compared.
By slowly sliding the transducer up the cylinder body, you will arrive at the gas level / air interface. At this point the signal will rise sharply and this is visible on the Comparator usually as all 16 divisions / bars-¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦ appear and is due to the enhanced propagation of the Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), across the liquid gas.
The ULLC2001 Ultrasonic Level Comparator is one of the only units of its type to be UL Listed complying with the requirements of the NFPA Testing.
NATO Stock Number: 6680-99-397-4405.
Features of ULLC2001 Ultrasonic Level Comparator
- ·Large backlit 16 bar LCD signal display
- ·Each unit personalised with your company name
- ·Permanent ambient temperature display
- ·Complete with ultrasonic transducer
- ·Transducer extension pole for ships' bulk system installations
- ·0 - 10 Ultrasonic setting controller
- ·100ml Tub of ultrasonic gel
- ·5 year instrument guarantee
- ·I year transducer guarantee
- ·Supplied in a carry case
- ·A UL listed product, complying with NFPA requirements
- ·Estimate the liquid gas level within +/- 2%
- ·NSN 6680-99-397-4405