Exair's new Ultrasonic Leak Detector (ULD) is a hand-held, high quality instrument that can locate costly leaks in a compressed air system.
Leaks often account for over 30% of the compressed air consumed in industrial plants. A huge annual air savings worth tens of thousands of dollars is possible when the leaks are located and repaired. It's possible that finding only one leak can quickly pay for the Leak Detector.
- The ULD will detect leaks from up to 6.1metres away. (No need to climb up to the ceiling to test overhead pipes)
- High pressure air expanding to atmosphere creates high frequency turbulence that the ULD converts into an audible tone.
- Background noise can be filtered out using the three sensitivity settings of XI, XI0, and X100, along with an "on/off" thumb wheel for fine sensitivity.
- LED indicators will light as the unit moves closer to the leak, to confirm the source.
- Not affected by contaminants or windy conditions
- Includes accessories to detect leaks in hard to reach areas
- Detects leaks in noisy industrial environments.
Applications of Ultrasonic Leak Detector:
- Locates leaks in air, steam and non-flammable gas systems including pipes, fittings, valves, cylinders and pressure vessels
- Finds the source of bearing and gear wear
- Locates arcing in an electrical system
- Detects refrigeration and air conditioning system leaks
- Locates leaks in brake systems, tubes, tires and radiators
- Senses cracks in moving rubber v-belts
- Detects leaks in vacuum systems
- Check condition of engine seals
The Model 9061 Ultrasonic Leak Detector comes complete with a hard-shell plastic case, headphones, parabola, tubular adaptor, tubular extension and 9 volt battery.