Measurement is vital to any manufacturing business, providing essential information to control processes and verify products.
But older co-ordinate measuring machines (CMMs) can become bottlenecks if they fail to keep pace with changing measurement needs.
Advances in sensor, metrology software and controller technology now offer the opportunity to transform existing CMMs, providing greater accuracy, faster measurement, more automation and new capabilities, whilst taking full advantage of CAD-driven programming. In the current climate, upgrading makes good economic and ecological sense.
Get more from your CMM
Recent revolutions in sensors, controllers and metrology software have transformed the performance of new CMMs. As these advances are not dependent on the CMM frame, they are also available on your old CMM, giving you:
- more capability with simple, fast and intuitive CAD-driven programming and graphical reports that are easier to interpret
- more throughput using the latest scanning sensors and motion control technologies
- more information about your parts with automated multi-sensor measurement
- more profitability with reduced maintenance and support costs
- more confidence that your CMM is equipped to meet your future measurement needs
Most CMM structures are not subject to high levels of wear and so remain serviceable for many years. What's more, because you are re-using the costly superstructure of the machine, an upgrade is a fraction of the price of a comparable new machine.
Read the complete white paper