The UPWEY range of slurry valves includes the MAXI-CHECK i slurry ball check and isolation valves (MCI), which is 100% locally manufactured in Mitcham, Victoria.
The Upwey MAXI-CHECK i slurry ball check and isolation valve operates on the discharge side of the pump. As the flow through the valve increases or decreases, the ball automatically rises or falls and is free to move around in the ball tower hence no scale build-up on the ball. When the flow stops, the ball falls into the seat and is held in this position by the back pressure
The hand-wheel can be wound to the closed position making it an isolation valve as it now mechanically holds the ball in the seat.
Under normal operating conditions the ball is held in the seat by back pressure once the pump stops. The MAXI-CHECK i slurry valve can work in the horizontal or vertical position and is a low maintenance valve.
Following are the features of MCI valves:
- Self-cleaning due to the free moving ball
- Long life ball due to rotating and moving in media
- Replaces two valves, check valve and either a gate, knife gate, pinch or diaphragm valve in all slurry valve applications
- Full port opening – no obstruction to the flow
- Low pressure drop
- The Hi-Wear seat is made from either Stainless steel or Ni Hard
- Indicator to show valve in open or closed position
- Simple manual operation – manual hand-wheel is standard although pneumatic, hydraulic or electric actuators can be used for remote isolation