Hirschmann represented by Soanar - Power, Interconnect & Display in Australia and New Zealand introduces the new field-attachable GDM series valve connectors.
The new Hirschmann GDM valve connectors are used to supply power to components such as solenoid valves, pressure sensors and temperature sensors, or to connect them to a data network. Circuit protection prevents damage to downstream circuitry from excess voltage or electromagnetic fields.
With the addition of the new GDM series valve connectors to the Hirschmann product range, Belden has launched an innovative solution on the market for mechanical and plant engineering. According to Hirschmann Product Manager Hartmut Unverricht, the new connectors are not only functionally reliable and easy to maintain, but can also be flexibly assembled in the field thanks to their large contact area.
Additional features such as industrial protection class IP68, an operating temperature range of 40ºC to +90ºC and high shock and vibration resistance are available depending on the version of the valve connector. These features help implement reliable solutions that enhance the productivity of machines and systems even under harsh environmental conditions.
Key features of Hirschmann GDM valve connectors:
- Versions with built-in LED status indicators (with or without circuit protection) simplify maintenance
- Available with integrated strain relief conforming to UL 2238
- Easy to connect thanks to their greater height
- Cable diameters of 4-14mm with a conductor size of up to 1.5 mm² can be used depending on the connector version
- Housings characterised by features such as acid resistance or biodegradability
- Easy-to-grip housings ensure safe handling
- Available with black or transparent housings depending on the circuitry, and with two or three poles plus PE
- Rated voltage between 12 and 250 VAC/VDC depending on the version
- Rated current between 1 A and 10 A