Air cooled units are light weight and easily transported. When used correctly they give many years of reliable service.
Air cooled Dimmer Dots Variable Autotransformers are available in either:
Portable / Bench top (P) which are designed to sit on a bench or floor.
• They are enclosed in a protective square casing with convenient carry handles for easy transport.
• New square shape design enables easy mounting of external equipment, such as mounting blocks for GPO’s, etc.
• Single Phase units have Rubber feet while Three Phase units have ball transfer units or steel feet.
• Single Phase units can be rear mounted in an electrical enclosure, simply by removing the rubber feet.
• Single Phase units up to 15 Amp have an AC flexible cord only, fitted.
Open back / Panel mount (OB) which are designed to be mounted behind a panel for easy installation into electrical enclosures, where only the support bolts and control knob are protruding.
• Three Phase OB Units are the same design as three phase portable units with outer protective case removed.
• All Three phase units can be mounted in the vertical or horizontal plane with an additional rear mount support
• All three coils on Three Phase units are connected in star.
For further information about the Variable Auto Transformer (Variac) - Dimmer Dot visit Australian Rectifiers OR
Use the IndustrySearch e-mail feature and one of the Australian Rectifiers team will respond directly.