The vitamin content of these foods are measured by manufacturers as well as by private laboratories and control authorities to ensure they comply with food standards across the world. As part of HACCP and label claims, it is important to measure the level of vitamins as they can be affected by inadequate amounts being added, loss due to processing or shelf-life stability.
A novel assay for water soluble vitamins (VitaFast®) have been introduced by Arrow Scientific. VitaFast® kits can be used in place of cumbersome traditional assays and have a much shorter hands-on time.
The tests allow you to calculate both native and added vitamins. They were developed according to AOAC and EU reference methods. Microtitre plates are coated with specific microorganisms, which grow according to the presence/absence of vitamins in the sample.
After placing sample, standard and assay medium into the wells, the plates are incubated and subsequently evaluated using a microtitre plate reader.
Arrow Scientific was established in 1990 to offer smarter product quality and safety testing tools to:
• ensure quality at all processing stages - raw materials to finished products
• monitor processing steps and conditions
• setting physical or consumer standards for products
• detecting undesirable contaminants such as bacteria or chemicals.
• training staffing best hygiene practise.