Biotin, also known as vitamin H, is an important nutritional factor and food additive, playing a major role in the metabolism of both humans and animals alike. Biotin acts as a coenzyme and participates in the process of gluconeogenesis, biosynthesis of fatty acids and the metabolism of amino acids.
Biotin deficiency in mammals leads to growth inhibition, loss of appetite and reduced utilisation of food components. Advanced stages of avitaminosis manifest themselves in hair loss, dermatitis and signs of paralysis. The biotin requirement for adults is between 100 and 200 mg per day.
Arrow Scientific was established in 1990 to offer smarter product quality and safety testing tools to:
• ensure quality at all processing stages - raw materials to finished products
• monitor processing steps and conditions
• setting physical or consumer standards for products
• detecting undesirable contaminants such as bacteria or chemicals.
• training staffing best hygiene practise.