The sleeves are made from fabric-reinforced material. The sleeve support bushes are either made from aluminium alloy, hardened carbon steel, or 304/316 stainless steel.
Function of VM Pinch Valves
VM-type Pinch Valves are used for interception of the material flow in pneumatic conveying systems, or other pipelines. In addition, they can be installed as a locking device for silo filling pipes.
In the open position the internal cross section of the Valve is identical with the connecting pipe diameter. By introducing compressed air or, especially with small valves, water under pressure through the threaded bore into the interior of the Valve, the internal flexible sleeve is reshaped in such a way that the passage is hermetically sealed. VM Pinch Valves equally handle pneumatically conveyed powders, granules, fibres, dense mixtures and liquids.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits of VM Pinch Valves
- Compact overall dimensions
- Easy and quick sleeve and bush replacement
- Full bore-through passage without any pressure loss
- No product contact with the body
- Valve body in aluminium alloy
- Sleeves in fabric-reinforced material
- Sleeve support bushes either in aluminium alloy, hardened carbon steel, or 304/316 stainless steel
- Maximum working pressure: 3.5 bar (52 psi)
- Maximum inflation pressure: 6.0 bar (90 psi)
- Recommended maximum differential pressure: 2.5 bar (37 psi)
- Apart from periodic replacement of the sleeve and the bushes, no maintenance required
- Lightweight in comparison with other makes and other types of valve
- Particularly low air consumption
Options & Accessories for VM Pinch Valves
- ATEX zone 22 version available
- Different sleeve materials suitable for product handled
- Different connection systems
- Different bushes suitable for product handled