The Volumetric Scanning System consists of two laser measurement units that scan the truck’s trays as they pass beneath.
Used in conjunction with Transcale Scale Systems, both volume and weight information is available, giving accurate and real time bulk material density, a first for mine operators and truck body designers.
Transcale is currently scanning trucks in Africa, South America, Australia and the USA. The Volumetric Scanning System s available for both rental or outright purchase and Transcale provides full training or can conduct the weight & density studies where required.
This system is currently being utilised by mine specific truck body companies and mine operations to improve design and operational efficiencies.
Current product development rollouts will include the ability to conduct volumetric scanning studies on equipment such as coal haulers, side tippers, belly dumpers, rail rolling stock, loader and shovel buckets, the list goes on and the possibilities are endless.
Why do you need Volumetric Scanning System?
- Validation of Truck Body Volumes / Correct payload match
- Determination of Material Density
- 3D Load Modelling & Density Calculations "on the fly"
- Accuracy to within 1% of Manufacturers Specifications
- Load Profile & Load Distribution Analysis
- Blast Optimisation via Reviews of Fragmentation