For many years, on-site vulcanising was the only answer to split-seal assemblies where leakage was unacceptable. But this process could prove expensive, as it needed a high level of skill and elaborate jigs. So we developed Walkersele® OSJ.
Since the introduction of Walkersele® OSJ in 1992, rotary seal replacement has come 'full circle' to form a full circle again.
After a few hours of hands-on training, a maintenance fitter is able to produce a securely bonded seal that provides a split Walkersele® with the integrity of a fully moulded endless seal.
The many benefits of Walkersele® OSJ include:
- High performance - installed units provide the sealing performance of high-integrity endless Walkerseles.
- Wordwide proven - on marine propulsion systems, gearboxes, power stations, sugar refineries, etc...
- Cost effective maintenance - the performance and integrity of an endless-type seal is achieved without major plant strip-down and without exspensive on-site vulcanising.
In consultation with longterm OSJ® customers, we have modified the installation kit to make it easier and more efficient to use under arduous maintenance conditions and at large diameters.
With Walkersele® OSJ-2, you get exactly the same top-quality lip seal and high-integrity jointing system as with our original Walkersele® OSJ system. Improvements include:
- New user-friendly clamping band with finer tension control.
- Redesigned jig to provide a more positive location of seal joint.
- Improved temperature indicator.
- Availability in larger diameters.
Your on-site joining kit
Every Walkersele® OSJ-2 kit contains the following:
- The correct Walkersele® as specified. This seal is specially adapted at joint interface for OSJ® installation.
- Steel clamping band.
- Joining jig - precision moulded in synthetic elastomer.
- Nut-driver to adjust clamping band.
- Temperature indicator with self-adhesive backing.
- Two-part epoxy adhesive in sachet. This adhesive cures to semi-rigid state. (Note: hot air gun is needed to cure this adhesive).
- Degreasing cloth, abrasive stick, adhesive applicator brush, and emery paper with self-adhesive backing.
- Full step-by-step instructions.