Companies such as Electrolux, who use Carousels and Conventional racking in the same environment, found that Rackman's powerful functionality and interconnectivity provided an opportunity to use common software throughout the warehouse.
Staff training and total systems compatibility are two obvious benefits that Rackman provides.
Rackman is used to provide the following:
- Inventory database management
- Stock picking functions such as FIFO, etc.
- Stock replenishment functions such as bin location, etc.
- Stock verification functions, ie: Stocktaking by part or location(s).
- Connectivity to peripheral scanners, printers, weigh scales, etc.
- Interface to Host Inventory Management or Warehouse Management Systems.
- Warehouse zoning, location configuration and order consolidation.
- Generating stock and activity reports.