The Regulo One Flow Modulated PRV Controller can be used to provide either Flow Modulated or Time based pressure control in water networks or at major sites.
In most scenarios flow modulated PRV control is preferred as in this instance the controller can respond to fire flow requirements.
The Flow Modulated PRV controller takes a pulsed output from the flow meter and controls the pilot of the PRV to regulate the downstream pressure.
The Regulo One Flow Modulated PRV Controller has an internal pressure transducer that is connected to the PRV outlet and a hose connection to a bias chamber, which when mounted on the underside of the pilot provides smooth and reliable control.
The flow modulated PRV controller is programmed with the flow profiles and pressure relationship between the valve and the "critical point". The pressure is increased or decreased depending on the flow data from the the flow meter and the pressure data from the internal pressure sensor.
Advantages of Pressure Reduction
- Less Water is lost to leakage (often reduces Minimum Nightline by 25%)
- Less Main & Service Breaks as pressure does not rise at night
- Constant Level of Pressure
- Reduces unnecessary consumption
Most people choose to install a Cello XO data logger in conjunction with the Regulo Flow Modulated PRV Controller so that they can receive the data by SMS on a daily basis and alarms as events occur.
Features of the Regulo One Flow Modulated PRV Controller
- High resolution data logging of Flow Input and Downstream Pressure
- Typically 3 Year Battery Life
- IP68 Rating - Submersible to 1 metre
- Accuracy of Pressure Transducer is 0.5 per cent of range. (0-200M Standard)