Water is one of the most precious resources in the world, and modern agriculture consumes almost two thirds of the waters pumped worldwide. For this reason, the demand to conserve water supplies is increasing.
The AquaSorb™ range of Water Retainers for Soil is particularly beneficial for:
- Root germination to delay the wilting point and make it possible for plants to become established while waiting for the water regime to become adequate.
- Horticulture to reduce the mortality rate due to transplanting shock and to enhance root development
- Hydroseeding maintaining a minimum of surface water and permitting rapid sprouting of seedlings even in a dry area
- Bare root dipping to prevent the desiccation of seedling roots during transplanting or transportation
- Soil mixes to reduce water stress, ensuring that cuttings and seedlings grow faster whilst reducing the irrigation frequency
- Fertilisers to reduce the leaching of nutrients in soil, producing better root development and longer lasting plants