KSB’s RDLO and Omega pumps
RDLO and Omega pumps are ideally suited to handling raw water, clean water, service water and seawater. They transport fluids with a minimum of flow resistance, thus lowering the energy and life cycle costs of the systems they are installed in.
RDLO and Omega are suited to the following applications:
- Extraction, pressure boosting and general transport in water utilities and desalination plants
- Cooling and service water supply in power stations and industrial plants
- Fire-fighting systems
- General petrochemical applications
- Seawater desalination
Benefits of RDLO and Omega pumps:
- Large number of characteristic curves
- Broad spectrum of standard and special material variants
- Shaft sealed by gland packing or mechanical seal
- Flange design to DIN EN or ASME
- Horizontal or vertical installation
- Comprehensive range of accessories
- Reliable sealing of the casing halves by solid casing split flanges at the upper and lower casing part
- Smooth running thanks to flow-optimised, vortex-free intake elbow and rigid shaft with short bearing span
- High availability thanks to generously dimensioned bearings and high-quality shaft seals
- Reliable power transmission thanks to robust, completely sealed shaft without steps/threads in the wetted area
Low maintenance costs/easy to service
- Corrosion- and abrasion-resistant materials for shaft protecting sleeves, casing wear rings, impeller wear rings and impeller ensure a long service life.
- Robust bearings and a rigid shaft ensure smooth operation with low vibration levels and a long service life of bearings, shaft and shaft seals.
- The self-aligning rotor enables uncomplicated and fast maintenance, doing away with setting/alignment work and preventing mounting errors.
- No studs in the casing split flange which could hinder maintenance work and easily become damaged
Low life cycle costs
- CFD optimised hydraulic systems ensure top efficiencies and the best NPSH values in the industry.
- Generously dimensioned components and smooth running make for smooth operation with little wear.
- Maintenance-friendly design enables fast maintenance and ensures short downtimes.