It is also widely used on railway bridges for ballast protection, waterproofing membranes, or as a sound reducing medium. As a membrane protective medium SHOCKMAT is cheaper and easier to install than tiles or concrete screeds - you simply just roll it out.
A roll of SHOCKMAT is an easy to handle roll of reclaimed rubber, sourced from the tyre industry, bonded together with high quality polyurethanes.
- Water Permeable
- Non Water Absorbent
- Chemically Neutral
- Reliable for the Protection of Waterproofing Membranes
- Can be Walked On Immediately After Installation
- Can Be Laid By Waterproof Contractors (or anyone else)
- Deadens Sound - Airborne and Impact
- Can Be Loose Laid Or Bonded Down
- Can Be Installed In Any Weather Conditions
- Can be bonded down with recommended adhesives.
- Cannot Be Electrostatically Charged
- Resistant to Corrosive Effects of Air, Earth and Water
- Resistant to Construction Acids and to Alkaline Solutions
- Suitable For Use in Tanks, Coolrooms and Food Storage Facilities
- Non Toxic
Qualities of Shockmat
- Projex Shockmat is made from recycled reclaimed rubber bound together with high quality polyurethane. It is available in either 10mm or 5mm Thickness.
- Shockmat also exceeds CSIRO standards for noise transfer through hard surface finishes & is also an ideal walkway/protection matting for most waterproof membranes.
- Shockmat has many commercial and industrial applications and is ideal as a protective matting medium. It is also widely used on railway bridges for ballast protection, waterproofing membranes, or as a sound reducing medium.
- As a membrane protective medium Shockmat is cheaper and easier to install than tiles or concrete screeds - you simply just roll it out.
- A roll of Shockmat is an easy to handle roll of reclaimed rubber, sourced from the tyre industry, bonded together with high quality polyurethanes.
- Railway Bridges (Ballast Matting)
- Gym Flooring Rubber
- Sound-proofing Elements
- Kindergarten Floors
- Ice rink Walkways
- Protection for Waterproof Membranes (temporary or permanent)
- Partition Walls
- Garden Beds
- Sports Pitches
- On truck or utility trays
- Under Machinery
- Industrial Matting
- Use on Railway Bridges
Purpose of Shockmat under Ballast:
- Reduce sound transmission.
- Protect any bridge waterproofing membrane on the bridge deck.
- Lengthen the life of the ballast by absorbing the ballast vibration against the bridge deck.
Shockmat has been widely used under ballast on Australian Rail bridges since 1992