By monitoring on-site temperature, relative humidity, wind speed and black globe temperature, the Feedlot Weather and HLI/ AHLU Monitor will calculate the Heat Load Index and Accumulated Heat Load Unit. This informs feedlot operators of the real-time heat stress conditions experienced by livestock, which in turn, provides an accurate assessment of what effective heat stress management programs may be taken.
The system has been engineered and manufactured in Australia using custom-developed sensors and existing instrumentation.
Features and Benefits:
- Respond Quickly To Excessive Heat Load Events
- Activate your EHL event response plan prior to physical signs of heat stress being identified. Avoid production losses and possible cattle deaths.
- Complete Automation
- No time-consuming manual measurements or calculations required
- Rugged Reliability
- No moving parts, low maintenance. Sensors are "field-replaceable" by the user
- Optional Radio, 3G Or Satellite Communications
- Access data anywhere, anytime*
- Easy, Fast Installation
- Plug 'n' play
- Optional Rain
- For the complete weather station
- Optional Trough Water Measurement
- Water temperature and level
- MLA Heat Load Data Network (HLDN) Compatible
- As operated by Katestone Environmental
- MLA Funding Available
*requires PC or iOS device with a suitable Internet connection