A Weigh Feeder is a slow-speed short conveyor fitted with a single idler weigh frame and designed to deliver high levels of product feed control and weighing accuracy.
Where product feed rate control and accuracy is particularly important, a weigh feeder can be set to extract material at a specified rate and can also be used to batch a pre-defined amount of material.
Active Weighing Solutions custom engineers Weigh Feeders to handle applications which range from light / low material flow rates up to heavy duty high flow rates.. Designs can be open or fully enclosed and construction options include epoxy coated, mild steel and stainless steel.
Utilising an EMC ModWeigh 95A controllers, a group of Weigh Feeders can linked to facilitate bulk materials blending applications and to ensure that if any one Weigh Feeder runs out of product, all units would stop. Limit relays are available to provide an output signal to operators that there is a problem.
- Weighing Accuracy 0.5% and better
- Feed rates from 1kg/hr to 5,000tph
- “C” Frame construction for fast belt changes
- Crowned and lagged head drum
- Wide range of lengths
- Belt width 300mm to 2500mm
- Constant belt tension mechanism
- Direct driven shaft mounted motor and gearbox
- Open or fully enclosed designs
- Cantilevered design option
- Epoxy coated, mild steel or stainless steel construction
Weigh Controller Features
Active Weighing Solutions Weeders incorporate an EMC Modweigh 95A Weighfeeder controller. The controller will provide:
- The total of the material passing
- Instantaneous flow rate
- Batching with pre-act function
- Automaitc belt zeroing
- Speed demand output
- Analogue output signal to control other equipment
- RS232, RS422/485 Communications
- A Modular weigh controller system
- Multiple MW95A transmitters can be connected to one MW99 display
- Customisable graphics display
- Customisable Operator menu and lockouts
- Simple calibration procedures
- Easy menu based programmable settings
- Pulse Output
- RS232 and RS485 modbus communications
- ActiveX control for computer connectivity
- Customisable printouts
- Removable P-module holding calibration settings
- Field software upgrades
Click here for more information about Weigh Feeders.