The Austarc 18TC is the only twin coated 18 type, low hydrogen welding electrode designed for applications where C-Mn and low alloy steel are applied within the oil and gas industry.
The Austarc 18TC is classified as E49 18-1 A U H5 to AS/NZS and E7018-1H4R to AWS standards, and offers consistent impact value (CVN) at -50°C.
Comes in hermetically sealed vacuum packs:
- Harsh on-site environments, where baking and storage facilities are not available
- Extending on-site storage life
- Hydrogen controlled, reduces cold cracking
- Improved low temperature impact reduces in-service cracking
The Austarc 18TC hermetically sealed electrode extends on-site storage life to ensure that code quality welding can be maintained. Available in 2kg packs, every pack of Austarc 18TC can be used for up to 8 hours, without re-drying being required to maintain the designated moisture level.
Being a twin-coated electrode, the 18TC offers superior operator appeal, without compromising on the mechanical soundness of a low hydrogen electrode. The 18TC takes this further by offering very low hydrogen status and moisture resistant flux coating. Through relentless R&D, a special grade silicate binder was used in the 18TC to maintain low moisture absorption from the environment.
WIA’s Austarc 18TC also suits structural steel construction, off-shore where Ni-alloying is prohibited, mining equipment, heavy girders and earth moving plant repair and maintenance, where restricted access and hard to reach weld joints are on the job
- Structural Steel Construction
- Pipe Welding
- Oil and Gas
- Off-Shore Where Ni-Alloying is Prohibited
- Mining Equipment
- Heavy Girders and Earth Moving Plant Repair and Maintenance.