Benefits of Hobart XLR-8 Welding Wire:
- Capable of depositing X-ray quality welds, making it highly suitable for critical welding applications requiring a high degree of crack resistance due to its low diffusible hydrogen levels, less than 6.7ml per 100g of weld metal deposited.
- XLR-8 has been designed for single and multi-pass welding applications with improved productivity in out-of-position welding, offering high impact strength of 42J at sub zero temperatures to -40°C.
- Welds Out of Position at High Currents
- Low Hydrogen Weld Deposit
- Excellent Slag Removal
- No Shielding Gas Required
- High Impact Strength at Low Temperatures
- Excellent Mechanical Properties Under a Wide Range of Heat Input
Specifically designed for increased productivity and high deposition rates on challenging structural steel erection, heavy equipment repair, mining equipment, bucket repairs, storage tanks, pipe spooling, ship construction and site work applications.