Strater allows you to: design and save template and scheme files to make log creation efficient and consistent; create multi-page continuous logs; and quickly display new borehole logs.
Strater also allows you to utilise the header and footer panes to store all the information about the logs, such as well number, driller, location, method, company name, and company logo.
Easy access to data and logs
Strater allows you to create multiple borehole views and data tables and store them all in a single project. Each borehole view can contain a different borehole design, allowing tremendous flexibility in the presentation of your data.
You can easily switch between borehole views with a single click and import and store data for multiple boreholes in one data table. Having the data for all your boreholes together allows you to also switch between borehole names with only a click.
When you change the borehole names, the logs update immediately and automatically with the new information.
Strater includes 12 popular log types to graphically display your data: zone bar, bar, percentage, graphic, well construction, lithology, post, classed post, complex text, line/symbol, crossplot, and depth logs.
Strater logs give you full control over all log parameters. You can accept the Strater defaults to automatically create a log, or select a log and easily customise the log features in the Property inspector.
Headers and Footers
You are also able to utilise the header and footer design areas to include comprehensive text descriptions, linked text, imported image files, or drawing objects. You can set the header and footer areas to be any size you wish.
You can create an exceptional and impressive log by importing company logos, icons, and artwork. You can also speedily click-and-draw and click-and-edit text, polygons, polylines, symbols, rectangles, rounded rectangles, squares, ellipses, and circles.
All items can be fully modified, including font, colour, size, fills, width, etc. Add text objects in header and footer areas that are linked to your database, such as borehole name, page numbers, field units, or field descriptions.
When the borehole information is changed, this information automatically updates.
- Control the log direction by switching between Left/Right and Low/High.
- Add scale bars for variable logs in the header or footer areas.
- Merge intervals in adjacent, identical lithology blocks or zone bars.
- Fill using the included USGS fill patterns.
- Automatically or manually set the borehole starting, ending, and scaling depths.
- Automatically set the borehole depths based on a collars data table.
- Import data from common spreadsheet and database formats, including: MDB, DBF, DB, LAS, XLS, SLK, WKS, CSV, TXT, DAT, BNA, BLN, ODBC, OLE DB, or other SQL data sources.
- Strater boasts full Excel import capability, which includes using multiple sheets from a single Excel file.
- Batch print your log design with multiple borehole data.