Western Containers Road Tanker/Tank Container Wash, Repair and Heating Facility.
When the Veolia wash facility closed in June 2007 the need for another Sydney based facility was essential to service the needs of transporters of Chemicals.
The Johnson family, having already firmly established themselves in the sales, rental, storage, repair and modification of shipping containers, saw this as an opportunity to branch out into the ISO container and road tanker business.
Key Veolia staff and some of the Veolia wash equipment was procured to enhance the existing repair and surveyor personnel.
The Chullora site was chosen as the ideal area to establish the facility and work on this site began in July 2007.
The new facility is 500 m from the Chullora rail head (for interstate ISO transportation), located 200m from Rookwood Road and 2klms from the Hume Highway it is conveniently located to the major arterial network.
There is also the potential to store 500 TEU on-site.
Road Tanker services.
- Both liquid and dry vehicles accommodated.
- Wash bays designed for single and B-double road tankers.
- High pressure 200 bar (3000 psi) rotating cleaning heads to ensure complete radius coverage of the compartment interior.
- Excess residue can be decanted into drums/IBC’s for disposal or return to the client.
- Internal cleaning of discharge hoses.
- Cleaning of discharge pumps.
- High pressure steam to aid drying.
- Steam reheating of cooled cargoes.
- External pressure cleaning of cabs and trailers.
- Rapid turn-around time.
- Minor repairs.
- After hours and weekend work upon request.
ISO Container services.
- Two container forklifts to ensure there are no delays in unloading/loading of ISO’s.
- Cleaning of ISO containers.
- Undercover on site surveys for in-service, off-hire and on-hire units.
- Statutory testing of ISO’s for 2 ½ year air test, 5 year hydrostatic testing and 1 bar after wash air testing.
- Internal and external repairs by experienced and certified welders and fabricators.
- Surveys by fully qualified IICL surveyors.
- DepotPro computerised system utilised to ensure the progress of your ISO can be monitored and reported daily.
- Steam heating of cargoes.
- Constant temperature hot water can be used to heat high temperature sensitive cargoes.
Other services available.
- IBC hire and sales.
- ISO rental.
- Cleaning of IBC’s.
- Cleaning of hazmat containers.
- Cleaning of pails, carboys and cans prior to disposal.
- Fitting of flexi bags.
- Removal and disposal of flexi bags.
- Decanting of cargoes.
- Transportation of full and empty containers to and from railheads/wharves and clients sites.
- Wharf and rail slots booked.
- Access to the Chemwatch system of identifying cargoes.
- Storage of ISO’s.
- Storage of full ISO’s when EPA licence granted.
To Know about Western Containers Road Tanker/Tank Container Wash, Repair and Heating Facility. Please click here