The R.M. Young Wind speed and Direction Monitors' design emphasises simplicity and lightweight construction and is made up of rigid UV-stabilised thermoplastic with stainless steel and anodised aluminium fittings.
The thermoplastic material can withstand even the harshest of environments and resists corrosion from sea air environments and atmospheric pollutants.
This Wind speed and Direction Monitor uses stainless steel precision-grade ball bearings for the propeller shaft and vertical shaft bearings
Features of 05103 R.M. Young Wind speed and Direction Monitor
- Propeller-type anemometer with fuselage and tail wind vane
- Rugged design for use in a variety of climates worldwide
Specifications of 05103 R.M. Young Wind speed and Direction Monitor
- Range: 0-60 m/s (0-134 mph)
- Accuracy: ±0.3 m/s (0.6 mph)
- Starting threshold: 1.0 m/s (2.2 mph)
- Gust survival: 100 m/s (220 mph)
- Range: 0-360° mechanical, 355° electrical (5° open)
- Accuracy: ±3° Starting threshold at 10° displacement: 1.1 m/s (2.2 mph)