Windows CE Mobile Computers are an excellent choice for a number of applications. There are numerous reasons to utilise these machines rather than more expensive specialised hardware or high end personal computers, just some of which are listed below.
- Cost: Windows CE Mobile Computers are very inexpensive. A large volume of them can be purchased at a low price point. Because most Windows CE based systems act like terminals to a central server, they do not require much processing power.
- Easy to Deploy: Installation of Windows CE Mobile Computers is very straightforward. These machines typically boot up from an onboard flash memory or a local server. This means that they do not need any special software installation and do not require reconfiguration when they are power cycled.
- Low Power Consumption: Windows CE Mobile Computers typically utilise processors from the ARM or MIPS families. These chips are very power efficient and provide only the computational ability that is truly needed. This results in a "greener" device in addition to helping your bottom line. Reduced heat output can also help to keep your workplace cool, thus reducing air conditioning costs. If you have ever worked in an office with more than a dozen computers, you know that it can get quite toasty when they are all working simultaneously.
- Standardisation and Conformity: Keeping all of your Windows CE Mobile Computers running identical software is simple. You will always know that your machines have not been contaminated with any unwanted software, malware or viruses because restoring the default software is as simple as power cycling the system.
- Size: Windows CE Mobile Computers are very small and compact. The entire system can even be embedded into the housing of a touchscreen LCD display. As a result, they occupy only a very small footprint so that you can make the most of the area that you have available.
Windows CE Mobile Computers are a great choice for point of sale systems. For more information, visit http://www.posmarket.com.au.
POSMarket | Point of Sale, Barcode Readers, Printers
POSMarket specialises in providing point of sale and barcode solutions to any type of business or industry. We aim to provide you with the largest variety of the best POS gear from many of the leading ...