Based on Motorola's Wi-NG (Wireless Next Generation) architecture, the Wireless Switch - Motorola WS 5100 enables seamless campus-wide roaming, more robust failover capabilities, enhanced security, improved mobile client battery life, and increased voice capacity.
Moving at the speed of business!
Robust security features include integrated intrusion detection, an IPSec VPN gateway, and secure guest access provisioning. Automatic con-figuration and firmware updates, built-in process monitors, troubleshooting tools and a simple user interface make network deployment and management easy.
NEW Wireless Switch - Motorola WS 5100 Version 3.1 Release Now Available.
The new Wireless Switch - Motorola WS 5100 Version 3.1 Release brings to market the Adaptive AP functionality, which is a key milestone in the evolution of next-generation networking for remote office and branch office solutions.
The Wireless Switch - Motorola WS 5100 Version 3.1 Release is the second feature release based on the Wi-NG architecture, enhancing the Wi-NG feature set to include:
Wireless Switching Features
• "Adaptive AP" functionality with AP51X1
• Wireless Bandwidth Management
• Static IP for AP300
• VLAN Pooling
• NAC Support (External) with Microsoft and Sygate systems
• VPN Acceleration and Gateway
• Native management support in MSP 2.9 with DCP 6
• Integrated RSSI-based Real Time Locationing with RF Management Software Version 2.0 as well as MSP 2.9 DCP 6
• Third party tag-based Locationing capabilities
Adaptive Access Point (AP)
The Adaptive Access Point is a wireless solution for remote branch offices and retail store sites. It enables customers to deploy access points at remote sites and control them over a WAN connection from a wireless switch located at the headquarters or NOC. The adaptive AP is an independent access point that provides the following benefits:
• The remote AP 51X1 adopt over the WAN connection to the WS5100 and all wireless parameters (WLAN, Radio, MESH) can be remotely configured and managed by the WS5100
• RF Switch assisted Mesh Management - the Mesh can be configured using the WS5100 remotely, and the Mesh traffic can either be backhauled to NOC or remain local to the Mesh
• Latency sensitive traffic does not have to traverse the WAN link and can remain local to the remote sites
• The corporate enterprise WLAN/VLANs can be extended to remote sites
• All data is secure using IP SEC tunnels between the NOC/headquarters and remote sites
• Remote site survivability in case of WAN link outage - the Access Point continues to function without any disruption to store environment