Work safely at Heights for Construction and Civil works.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for persons who are required to work or organise work at heights incorporates information applicable to the construction and civil industry. The course can be customised to suit varying client requirements, practical validation and assessment of the following skills:
- Working on roof
- Working on structures
- Emergency contingency
- Rescue planning
- Course introduction and enrolment.
- Definitions of working at height.
- Construction and Civil Legislation and Regulations.
- Case studies of unsafe work in the construction and civil workplaces.
- Your sites specific height work tasks analysed.
- Risk assessment and the Hierarchy of Control.
- MEWP, barrier and scaffolding systems.
- How to select the correct equipment.
- How to inspect equipment for condition/safety.
- Introduction to fall protection equipment including harnesses, lanyards, anchor points and your own equipment.
- Fall arrest devices explained.
- Working with ladders and roofs.
- How to inspect equipment for damage/suitability.
- Unsuitable equipment is displayed and analysed.
- Documentation is provided and completed correctly.
- Practical exercise performed.
Practical and theoretical and application based assessments.
- When: As required
- Where: On your site or at our training facilities
- Duration: 1 or 2 day course available
- Class Size: Up to 15 people
- Cost: Please call or email