AS 200 Series (Part No.1536, 1536-24V and 1537):
- Improved lens protection through extended housing.
- Xenon circuitry integrated into housing for greater reliability.
- Special handle for easy of aiming.
- Integrated AMP plug with connection cable.
- Vibration-damping pivot base and mounting bracket.
- Available in 12V or 24V application.
- Part No. 1536 features robust magnetic base.
What is Xenon lighting technology?
Xenon globes use an electric current passed through Xenon gas to produce light, rather than a filament. Not only does this method require minimal electric current draw compared to filament lighting, it is also very close to daylight.
As the human eye is designed to see in daylight, Xenon lighting effectively reduces eyestrain, making it a more convenient and safer lighting option. It also reflects road signs and markings more brightly.
Advantages of Xenon lighting
- Wider (up to three times as large) and more uniform illumination.
- Twice the light of standard halogen globes whilst consuming less than half the power.
- Light colour very similar to daylight – reduces eyestrain.
- Steady brightness levels even if power supply varies.
- Impact and vibration-resistant light arc ensures a globe service life five times longer than standard halogen globes.