xprafts simulates both urban and rural catchments ranging in size between a single house allotment up to thousands of square kilometer river systems. xprafts includes components to model all types of sub-catchments, natural and artificial storages of any size as well as channel and river storage throughout the catchment.
What can xprafts model?
xprafts will enable you to perform hydrologic watershed assessment with ease and flexibility. Tracking water from rainfall, through channels, ponds and WSUD structures, xprafts will give you an accurate analysis of watershed flow response.
With xprafts you can model:
- Natural waterways, formalised channels, pipe systems
- Retarding and retention basins
- Urbain drainage systems with Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) practices
- On-site detention (OSD), community or regional level detention systems
- Interconnected ponds
- Flood forecasting, dambreak and subsequent floodplain management activities
- Probable Maximum Precipitation (PMP) and resulting Probable Maximum Flood (PMF)
- Continuous flow simulation using historical storm events and Philip’s full water balance infiltration model
Why use xprafts?
Engineers make crucial decisions on behalf of their companies, clients and constituents based on hydrologic watershed response. In order to make these decisions, they rely on modeling software to provide results as close to real-life as possible. The following are features in xprafts that work together to provide accurate modeling results:
Accepted Methods. Use ARR and Bureau of Meteorology accepted methods to provide accurate automated design storm generation for events from less than one year return period all the way to the Probable Maximum Precipitation.
Calibration Tools. Use built-in calibration tools with real event rainfall and runoff gauged data to produce accurately calibrated xprafts models.
Cumulative WSUD Analysis. Detailed inclusion of WSUD components at an allotment scale helps provide accurate accumulative effects on large urban and mixed catchments.
Hydraulic Model Support. Accurately estimate inflow hydrographs for inclusion in more detailed 1D/2D dynamic hydraulic floodplain analysis. If the inflow hydrograph is not right, the hydraulics don’t matter!
Real-time Analysis. Provide up-to-date calibrated catchment models for accurate real time flood forecasting based on projected rainfall from the Bureau of Meteorology.
For technical information on xprafts please click here