The Los Angeles County Department of Public Works (LADPW) requires use of this model for hydraulic design and has sponsored the development of xpwspg to update the WSPG (Water Surface Pressure Gradient) hydraulic engine and embed that engine in streamlined graphical user interface. xpwspg is available as a standalone product or as a module embedded in xpswmm or xpstorm.
xpwspg applications include:
- Engineered Channel Design
- Urban Drainage Analysis
- Minor Hydraulic Loss Analysis
Users can graphically lay out their system, enter or quickly import the relevant data, run the analysis and view graphical results. Further, they are now able to tie the hydraulic model to one of many hydrological models within xpswmm and xpstorm, most importantly the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works Modified Rational (ModRat) model for flow generation.
In addition to the basic hydraulic and hydrological features within xpswmm and xpstorm, users also have access to profile and cross section views, map output to CAD programs, a built-in Digital Terrain Map, and more.
Features of xpwspg include:
- an easy-to-use graphical user interface
- a new Windows GIS working environment that is geospatially correct
- the ability to import GIS or external data to build a model
- new "join" element that allows branched network analysis
- use of aerial photos for background images and import CAD files
- a Digital Terrain Map tool to import terrain data and compute link and node elevations
- heads-up network digitisation
- layer management
- scenario management
- fully dynamic modeling in xpswmm/xpstorm using LA County Methodology when xpwspg is purchased as an add-on module
- use xp2D analysis of by-pass flows and overland flows (requires the xp2D add-on module)