Single Clear-Space Semi-Pit Weighbridges
The Single Clear-Space Semi-Pit Weighbridges are an adaption of the typical Standard Semi-Pit Weighbridge design. The design is modified to accommodate site limitations, for example, width limitations, building arrangements, etc.
The Single Clear-Space Semi-Pit Weighbridges has one or both of the side walls' width is decreased. In this circumstance, access to some Load Cells is reduced or altogether prevented. Access holes must then be installed adjacent to each obscured Load Cell location, either in the deck or as part of the side wall, to facilitate servicing and maintenance to those Load Cells.
If access holes are installed as part of the side wall and vehicular traffic is expected to use this area, then the access hole covers must be correctly designed and constructed to take the expected loadings of vehicles. The side walls will also require additional reinforcing.
The main advantages of the Single Clear-Space Semi-Pit Weighbridges are that:
- it has a smaller site footprint required than the Weighbridge | Semi-Pit option
- is ideal for sites with a Weighbridge bypass road to one side of the Weighbridge
- is ideal for sites with an office or building adjacent to one side of the Weighbridge.
The drawbacks of the Single Clear-Space Semi-Pit Weighbridges are:
- some excavation is required before construction
- it requires drainage considerations
- it required access holes (typically in the deck) to access the Load Cells for servicing purposes
- Access holes make this option slightly more expensive than the Weighbridge | Semi-Pit option
- Trade Measurement Authority exemption in writing is required.