The Mobile-Shifter is simply attached to a pallet truck. The Mobile-Shifter Battery Change Vehicle has some distinct advantages over competitive models. Let's explore these advantages...
First and foremost is safety. The battery compartment of the Mobile-Shifter is fitted with poly strips instead of rollers used in competitive models. This is a much safer approach. Here's why:
Competitive Design Flaws
The battery compartment is 6 to 10 inches longer than the battery it carries. The competitor's roller bed design allows the battery to bang back and forth in the compartment during stops and starts with the pallet truck.
Continued banging back and forth of the battery bends the safety stop until it can not be lifted or lowered by hand. Operators have to use a hammer to get the safety stop in the proper position or constantly replace the safety gate.
High Potential for Accidents
People get tired of hammering the safety stop in place, they forget, or they can't find a hammer and the battery ends up on the floor. The potential for personal injury and battery damage is greatly increased. There is also considerable downtime while the battery is put back on the roller bed.
- Small Forklift Fleets
- Very Low
- DC Battery from Host Truck
Standard Mobile-Shifter Features:
- Control Method: Simply single toggle switch controls bridge direction with momentary switch to disconnect Magnet
- Magnetic Grab: Superior magnet design generates 1,200# of Draw Bar Pull. Full (5) year warranty.
- Transfer Method: Hydraulically powered push/pull mechanism powered by compact power pack with 1 HP motor
- Power Requirements: 24 Volt DC from host truck (options available)
- Electrical Hook-Up: Y-Cable connects to host vehicle with SB-175 Gray connectors
- Mounting System: Quick disconnect clamping system allows easy mounting or removal
- Load Bed: Poly-Slide inserts provide lower maintenance and safer transport than roller systems
- Load Capacity: Maximum 4,000# load capacity with proper walkie selection
For more information on the different models of the Mobile-Shifter Family, please contact us.