Today WAM offers Pipe Elbows that can be used for various industrial applications in which pneumatic conveying is an important issue, as in building, foods and plastics processing, to name but a few.
EXTRABEND is a short radius Pipe Elbow that is inserted as a link in pneumatic conveying ducts. The Pipe Elbow is a one-piece SINT engineering polymer cast. Its special geometry enables the diversion of the conveyed material at minimum wear due to a dead zone at the point of diversion.
The patented EXTRABEND Pipe Elbow offers a substantially innovative geometry suitable to reduce wear during operation in all types of dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems.
The body cavity next to the point of diversion generates an internal material turbulence which protects the Elbow from wear caused by the material travelling through the duct.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits
- Body cast in SINT engineering polymer
- SINTAL for granules and fine powders with abrasive and poorly or medium-active (pH 4 - 10) properties, as well as for foodstuff
- SINTER for granules and fine powders with abrasive and chemically highly aggressive properties
- PN-type connecting flanges
- Higher resistance to wear than traditional pipe elbows in carbon or stainless steel
- Lower noise level
- Easy disposal
- Minimum space requirement
- No clogging risk
- No product contamination
- No risk of mechanical degradation or biochemical decomposition of the product
- Considerable reduction of flow resistance, consequently energy saving pneumatic transport
Options & Accessories
- Connecting spigot for existing ducts
- Food-grade version (FDA-approved)