The particles are determined according to the inductive measurement process, in which a coil system is the key element of the sensor. Metallic particles (ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic) in the
> 200 μm size range are detected.
The MCS 1000 continuously monitors the status of the system and gives information on imminent damage. This makes the sensor a reliable instrument for status-oriented maintenance.
Filter Systems - Metallic Contamination Sensor Applications:
Gear units in wind power plants
Filter Systems - Metallic Contamination Sensor benefits:
- Early detection of imminent gear unit damage
- Prevention of expensive plant downtime
- Optimal supplement to optical sensors
- Measurement of metallic particles (ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic) > 200 μm
- Air bubbles and liquid contamination in the oil are not detected as particles
- Simple integration of the sensor into the system because a variety of adapters are available