DURON 15W-40 is suitable for engines operating on highway or off-highway in transportation, mining, forestry, construction, farm and marine applications.
DURON 15W-40 has advanced soot controlling performance and thermal stability required by low emission engine designs up to the 2007 model year, with features such as advanced combustion chamber design, sophisticated fuel injection management, cooled exhaust gas recirculation and exhaust gas after treatment.
DURON 15W-40 is formulated from one of the purest base oils in the world; the result of a patented HT purity process to produce 99.9 per cent pure base oils.
That purity helps maximize the effectiveness of the oil’s soot controlling chemistry and high performance additive system. Extensive testing, including laboratory bench tests and fleet field trials, clearly prove the outstanding benefits of DURON multigrade engine oils for both cooled EGR engines and non-EGR engines.
Features and Benefits
- Exceeds CI-4+ industry requirements for severely turbocharged, delayed injection and cooled EGR designs
- Advanced soot control
- Helps prevent soot agglomeration, which:
- Minimizes soot related engine wear
- Minimizes soot related viscosity increase, resulting in better maintenance of fuel economy and cold temperature performance and protection
- Helps reduce filter plugging and better oil flow
Car and Light Truck Diesel Engines DURON 15W-40 is also suitable for use in diesel powered engines in smaller vehicles, including cars and light trucks where this viscosity grade and API CI- 4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4, CF, ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 or earlier specifications are required.
Consult your owners manual. Stationary Diesel Power Generation & Marine DURON 15W-40 may be used in stationary power generation and marine service where an SAE 15W-40 diesel engine oil is specified and water separation is not needed.
Gasoline Engines DURON 15W-40 may be used in gasoline engines requiring API SL, ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 or an earlier specification. Consult your owner’s manual.
Transmissions and Hydraulics
- Caterpillar powershift transmissions, semi-automatic transmissions and torque converters where a TO-2 fluid is specified
- Allison transmissions and torque converters where a C-4 fluid is specified and where higher temperature performance is required
- ZF transmissions where TE-ML07 is specified
- Clark powershift transmissions
- Wet clutch transmissions, including motorcycles and all terrain vehicles (meets friction requirements of JASO MA)
- Highly shear stable, it maintains viscosity grade and retains new oil properties during extended drain intervals Excellent resistance to viscosity loss
- Stable oil pressure
- Easier, faster cold weather start-ups and pumpability for superior protection in all weather conditions
- Excellent low temperature flow properties
- Less wear on start-up
- Minimize down time and reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Exceptional engine wear protection
- Reduced filter plugging