Also available: STOCKTROL-SEDIMENT, a special model of the Level Switch | Vibration Type | Piezoelectric Driven designed for detecting material, e.g. sand, that has settled in water.
The Level Switch | Vibration Type | Piezoelectric Driven is a piezoelectric driven vibration type level switch that detects high, mid and low level in bins, silos and hoppers, filled with grained or powdered materials, (bulk solids).
The instrument can be used for overfill protection, for high or low level alarm and in a special configuration for the detection of interfaces, e.g. sand that has settled in water (special model SEDIMENT).
Advantages of Level Switch | Vibration Type | Piezoelectric Driven
low subsequent costs due to state-of-the-art vibration technique
- no calibration required: the function is not effected by material characteristics, e.g. dielectricity; therefore the instruments are ideal to use at applications where material chances are common
- no readjustment required: the function is not affected by environmental changes like temperature, pressure, humidity ect.
- no wear-out, no sealing problems: the vibration technique includes no moving parts
- no maintenance required
high performance and reliability
- The single rod design with its sharp edged vibrating blade prevents bridging of material typically associated with the dual rod "tuning fork" design
- the sword shaped blade lets material easliy flow and thus prevents material build-up
- material sticking on the container wall has no influence on the function of the Level Switch | Vibration Type | Piezoelectric Driven as only the tip of the vibrating blade is sensitive and not the base
- no false alarms due to rat-holing: the instruments get driven with very low energy only which is why it is impossible for them to dig a hole inside the material in which they could vibrate
- the high quality and a sophisticated fine-tuning of the vibrating system enable the instruments to reliably detect extremely light materials with densities down to 20 grams per litre; special models allow even lighter materials with densities down to 10 grams per litre
- strong stainless steel construction
- enclosure aluminium diecast IP66 / 67
- wide range power supply with relay output and fail safe function
- designed and manufactured at PTL in Germany according to DIN EN ISO9001:2000 with the background of over 20 years of experience in the field of vibrating level switches