WAH Continuous Horizontal Single Shaft Mixers consist of a cylindrical mixing drum vessel with an inlet, an outlet at the opposite end and a venting spout, a mixing shaft, two drum closing end plates that carry flanged end bearing assemblies complete with integrated adjustable shaft sealing unit, and a drive unit complete with power transmission.
Ploughshare or inclined blade-type shovel tools rotate as mixing tools in a special arrangement on the mixer shaft in the drum. The result is a turbulence in the mix that constantly involves all the product particles in the mixing process. The formation of dead spots or slow-movement zones in the mixing drum is prevented ensuring precise mixing. In some cases, to obtain the desired mixing effect, separately driven high-speed choppers can be installed.
Function of WAH Continuous Single Shaft Mixers
Continuous WA Mixers operate on the principle of a mechanically generated fluid bed. Ploughshare or shovel-shaped mixing tools rotate close to the horizontal, cylindrical drum casing lifting the components to be mixed from the product bed into the open mixing area. The quality of the mixture is achieved before the product reaches the mixer outlet.
Continuous WA Mixers are suitable for dry bulk solids (powders, granules, short fibres), dry bulk solids + liquids (moistening + granulating), sludges and low-viscosity pastes.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits of WAH Continuous Single Shaft Mixers
- Range: from 75 to 15,000 litres (2.6 to 530 cu ft)
- Drives: from 4.0 to 200 kW (5.5 to 270 HP)
- Capacity: from 2 to 450m3/h (1.2 to 265 cfm) depending on recipe and configuration of the mixer
- Mixing time: from 25 to 60 seconds
- Granulation time: from 3 to 6 minutes
- Maximum mixing homogeneity
- Gentle product treatment
- Reproducible mixes
- High uptime
- Minimum wear, low maintenance
Options & Accessories for WAH Continuous Single Shaft Mixers
- Surfaces with maximum wear-resistance
- Heavy-duty construction steel, stainless steel, special materials
- High-speed chopper units
- Heating / cooling jacket
- Equipment for liquid supply