Vibrations can be caused by many different factors and in many cases, if they are not fixed, problems will not only worsen but product failure, cracks, collapses and even breakdowns will occur.
Main causes of vibrations (buzzing, banging, squeaking, rattling) include:
- Imbalances in moving parts
- Loose screws
- Wear and tear as motors, products or machinery age, parts wear out or wear down, causing friction, which leads to grinding, that then leads to vibration
- Gaps between two surfaces that aren't supposed to, but come into contact
- Expansion and contraction with heat causes machinery to not operate at optimum levels losing efficiency
- Buildings lose shape leading to uneven fitting, doors and windows, then in turn are slammed and the list goes on.
The Good News Is...
A lot of your vibration problems (banging, rattling, buzzing) can be solved with our range of Vibration Absorbing / Dampening Tapes. Depending on your vibration issues, our tape offers the following solutions:
- Vibration dampening
- Shock and vibration absorption
- Isolates machinery from vibration
- Great abrasion and aging properties
- Will fill the gaps that are causing different surfaces to make contact with each other - causing vibration to occur
- Will conform to uneven - mismatched surfaces
- Die cutting available to different shapes and sizes of our tapes to solve your vibration issues
There are a range of vibration absorption tapes to suit a number of different applications including:
- Gas stops for cabinet doors
- Lids and drawers or almost any instance where slamming, scratching, nicking, scuffing, marring, sliding, vibration, or noise may be an issue
- Desktop or handheld electronic devices
- Electronic cabinetry
- Foot pedals
- Dispensers and computers
- Tool chests
- Space filling and gap sealing, etc.
- Outdoor use to stop vibrations on loose rivets, guttering, aluminium sheeting, trailers, caravans, truck pantecs, etc.
- Surfaces/products where there is constant contact, rubbing and scuffing such as conveyors, guide rails, chutes, cabinets, draws, etc.
- Behind picture frames, anywhere that a vibration may be caused, as the vibration, for example travels along a wall where a picture is hanging, felt tape will absorb the impact (depending on the severity of the vibration) & stop the frame from banging on the wall
For all your vibration isolation / anti vibration requirements, please contact us to see how we can help. We have a range of vibration absorption tapes available and for some, can even custom cut and die cut to any shape or width you require to suit your individual requirements.