Securing AUS’s next decade of prosperity
In a recent speech to the Australia–Israel Chamber of Commerce, BCA President Graham Bradley outlined the priorities for Australia to meet its complex mix of long-term challenges, such as its ageing and growing population and escalating pressures on the health system.
Australia is on the threshold of a new era of growth. With the right policy settings and reform, we can secure prosperity for the next decade and beyond.
The speech outlines priorities in three key areas, and reinforces the fact that the quality of Australia's businesses and business leadership have played an important role in Australia's navigation of the global financial crisis.
These three areas include:
- Why the Business Council of Australia believes Australia stands presented with an exciting opportunity to underwrite our continued prosperity for the next decade.
- How Australia needs to secure our existing competitive advantages in order to do so.
- What new policies need to be embraced, and how the forthcoming federal Budget should give momentum to those policies.
In the speech, Graham Bradley also sets out his aim to focus on communicating the contribution that a strong, vibrant and competitive business sector makes not just to the economy but to society more broadly.
To watch the video of Graham Bradley's speech, click here.
Source: Business Council of Australia
Have your say...
The approval of your comment is at the discretion of this article's publisher. Write your comment with the following in mind to ensure the highest likelihood of it being approved:
- No promotional undertones
- No use of profanity
- Good spelling, grammar and layout
- Check punctuation, language and missing words
- No use of aggression
- No unsubstantiated claims
We reserve the right to remove comments at our discretion.
Your name is used alongside Comments.