GRITSEP® DS Grit Separator is available through WAM Australia.
The GRITSEP® Grit Separator DS consists of an inclined screw conveyor with a large volume hopper including a water inlet and outlet spout, a shaftless screw housed in a trough, a low friction anti-wear trough liner, a trough cover, an outlet spout for solid particles, and a drive unit mounted at the outlet end.
Water to be cleaned flows through the inlet spout of the GRITSEP® Grit Separator into the sedimentation hopper where solid particles settle.
The low screw rotation speed improves sedimentation and sees to conveying and discharging of de-watered material through the upper outlet
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits:
- Hopper manufactured in stainless steel and designed to avoid material blockages
- Shaftless screw made up from sections of heavy-duty, wear-resistant carbon steel
- Trough manufactured in stainless steel and lined with low-friction, wear-resistant material
- Liquid throughput: 8 l/s (0.3 cfs) to 30 l/s (1.06 cfs)
- Solids output: 0.08 dm³/s (0.003 cfs)
- Efficiency: 90 % separation of sand with grain size as small as 200 µm
- Low speed
- Trough liner design facilitates quick and easy replacement
- Absence of bearings
- Low installation cost
Option & Accessories:
- Body material AISI 316L
- Screw material AISI 304L
- Conical discharge outlet
- Bag attachment
- Support structure
- Sand washing system