Alnico Magnets are the weakest of permanent magnets however they have excellent temperature stability and very good non-corrosiveness.
- Their mechanical strength is greater than either neodymium or ferrite.
- Produced by the casting or powder metallurgical techniques
- An allow composed of matrix of Al-Ni-Fe-Co
- Very hard and brittle
- Poor resistance to demagnetization
- Produce good flux density at a reasonable cost
- Excellent stability over a wide temperature range
Cylinder magnets made from Alnico are used for seals, sensors and coin collection machines and most famously, in guitar pickups.
The Alnico pot magnets have a threaded hole and are suited to general purpose holding applications.
Shallow pot magnets manufactured in Alnico are mostly used for jogs & fixtures, holding and gripping applications where there are height restrictions.
Alnico block magnets, also called bar magnets, are often used in educational facilities from primary school through to post-graduate work in a wide range of experimental applications.