Pacific Data Systems has delivered and environmental and energy usage monitoring system for Bondor's insulliving 8 star energy efficiency rated home.
Bondor's InsulLiving home was built using Bondor's InsulWall and SolarSpan energy efficient products. Already rated as an 8 star energy efficient home, Bondor wanted to go a step further and show that the true energy saving benefits of their products far exceeded the 8 star rating.
Pacific Data Systems have designed, built and installed a customised, turn-key data logging system to monitor energy usage and environmental conditions both inside and outside of the InsulLiving Home.
The solution is driven by a dataTaker DT85 data logger with an additional Channel Expansion Module to accommodate the large number of sensors that were required for the monitoring station.
The solution monitors the following parameters:
- Building Energy Consumption
- External Air Temperature
- External Wind Speed & Direction
- External Barometric Pressure
- External Relative Humidity
- External Rainfall
- Internal Humidity
- Internal Temperature
- Internal CO2
The key technology supplied and configured by Pacific Data Systems included:
- dataTaker DT85 Data Logger
- dataTaker Channel Expansion Module
- Latronics kWh meters
- Vaisala WXT520 All-In-One Weather Sensor
- Vaisala HMW 40Y Wall Mount Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- Vaisala GMW116 Carbon Dioxide and Temperature Transmitter
- RTD Sensors
Click here to read more about the project on Pacific Data Systems' website