POLYEURO® 5502F was used to stop water leakage from the South Taylor Potable Water Reservoir.
Project: South Taylor Water Reservoir
Client: ActewAGL Australian Capital Territory
Product: POLYEURO® 5502F
Area: 2500 square metres
Completion: June 2010
- Stop water leakage from the concrete reservoir.
- Long term protection of the structure.
- Provide seamless coating to the walls, support columns and onto the floor.
Product requirements and benefits:
- Fast cure, tough, resilient and highly elastomeric
- All components of the system Potable Water Approved -AS/NZS 4020 : 2005
- Seamless application of the coating system to the floor and lower wall areas of the reservoir
- Specific priming system to seal the poor concrete and enable a pinhole free coating
Following the success of recent projects, ActewAGL again specified the POLYEURO® 5502F system.
The POLYEURO® 5502F system utilises the following components:
- Polyprime 21/Polyprime EBF-LV Combination
- Polyeuro® 5502F Pure Polyurea
Each of these components is approved for use with potable water.
The combination of primers achieves effective sealing of the degraded concrete prior to polyurea application.
POLYEURO® 5502F system provided a seamless application which passed all contract test criteria. This results in a membrane that will provide years of trouble free service.