Features and Benefits:
- Excellent wear protection
- Outstanding shear stability and anti-wear EP additives protects equipment in tough, high-load, high operating temperature conditions for extended equipment life and reduced maintenance costs
- Shear stability ensures retention of viscosity which protects equipment components against metal-to-metal contact and wear, especially in high temperatures
- Provides superior protection against gear tooth spalling where flakes of metal break away from the surface of a gear tooth after repeated stress
- Long Life
- TRAXON's long life translates into helping to reduce maintenance costs and increase uptime
- Intervals between changeouts of up to 400,000 km (250,000 miles) for maximised equipment life
- Minimises sludge, varnish or hard carbon deposits for better protection against wear
Industry and OEM Specifications:
TRAXON 85W-140 is an approved SAE J2360 (formerly MIL-PRF-2105E) oil. This means customers around the world can be assured of a measurable and recognized quality of performance for their lubricants. TRAXON 85W-140 Gear Oil is formulated to meet Dana, ArvinMeritor, ZF, Navistar, and Eaton's stringent GL-5/MIL-PRF-2105E gear oil specifications (see specific OEM requirements for further details).
TRAXON 85W-140 is approved for Mack Truck differentials where a Mack GO-J oil or MIL-PRF-2105E oil is specified. TRAXON 85W-140 is listed by ZF as approved for classes 05A, 07A, 16D and 17B.
Petro-Canada TRAXON is recommended for use in differentials, power take off units and final drives found on trucks, and off-highway vehicles used in construction, farm, forestry and mining operations. Consult owners manual for type and grade needed.
TRAXON exceeds API Gear Lubricant Service GL-5 and meets API MT-1 Gear Lubricant standard for heavy duty manual transmissions. TRAXON is recommended for most oil lubricated universal joints, wheel bearings, planetary gear sets, steering gears and certain industrial gear reducers requiring GL-3, GL-4, or GL-5 oils.
Due to specific lubrication requirements TRAXON must not be used in:
- Automatic Transmissions
- Powershift Transmissions
- Hydrostatic drives and systems that include the lubrication of wet clutches and brakes
- Manual Transaxles on front wheel drive vehicles where an automatic transmission fluid or engine oil is specified
- Manual Transmissions (e.g. Spicer) where single grade engine oils are specified